Tuesday, June 21, 2011

what to do, what to do?

My French-language course is winding down. Two more weeks to go, and then I'll have my Tuesday and Thursday nights back!

I realized a couple months ago that if I don't plan out my life, I don't actually accomplish much. So I've started a list of '31 things to accomplish by 31' (inspiration from Sarah Von) and my planning for the next couple months relates to the things I want to accomplish. (yay!)

One thing on the list is to learn Braille.

A couple years ago I investigated becoming a Braille Transcriber, but my plans were thwarted fairly early on in the process.
Now I've decided to try again. Fingers crossed!

Another thing I might attempt this summer is becoming an Audio Book Narrator.
The idea itself makes me laugh, because I don't think I'm a very animated speaker. The process I'm looking into is fairly involved (various tests, audio samples, and interviews). But I'll start and see how far I get. It should be fun.

I'm not sure what else to try and start this summer. If everything goes as planned with my job, I will be out of town from October to Christmas. So in-person activities are out of the question.
hmmm...

2 comments:

  1. "I will be out of town from October to Christmas."!

    i guess i better squeeze in as much Cat time as possible...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, that was with my old job!
    The new one includes staying in T.O indefinitely! woohooo!!!

    I think I'm going to sign up for a cartoon drawing course!

    ReplyDelete