Monday, August 01, 2011

11 fun things to do in the elevator

According to my Yes and Yes calendar, this past Saturday was National Talk in the Elevator Day.

My new job requires me to take the elevator at least twice a day, and I've been thinking about how to make it more of an enjoyable experience.
(One thing to note, is that I'm only on the 3rd floor, so the ride isn't very long.)

I didn't happen to be in an elevator on Saturday, but the previous Friday, I made an effort to talk in the elevator. It wasn't much of an effort though. ...I said "Thanks!" to someone who held the door for me. :)

But it's a new month! I'm crowning August 2011 as "Talk in the Elevator" month.
We'll see how it goes.

To start off, I've developed this list:

11 Fun Things to Do in the Elevator:
  1. Whistle/hum The Little Spanish Flea song
  2. Face inward (with your back to the door)
  3. Swap Twitter handles
  4. Count down the numbers aloud (New Year's Eve style!)
  5. Tell riders a super random fact (Did you know that 'Frisbee' used to be a trademarked name? It's like Xerox or Kleenex.)
  6. Jump right before the elevator stops
  7. Ask riders what they're listening to on their iPods
  8. Dance
  9. Conduct an impromptu poll  - Nikon vs. Canon, Mac vs. PC, M&Ms vs. Smarties, BB. vs iPhone vs. Android, Mary Poppins vs. Maria (Sound of Music)
  10. Change outfits (Clark Gable style. ...no flashing!) 
  11. Chug your drink before you get to your floor (bonus: if you're with a friend, get them to yell "chug! chug! chug! chug!)
What else should I add to the list?

2 comments:

  1. LOL. Have you done any of these?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahahaha nope! Not yet!
    I did have a cute mini conversation with a man who looks like Colonel Sanders though.

    ReplyDelete