Tuesday, November 22, 2011

DIY: Super Easy Jewelry holder

Project: Jewelry holder picture frame (for hanging on the wall!)
Estimated Time: 10 minutes
Materials Required: Picture Frame, mesh-y plastic placemat, brads, duct tape, scissors

For the longest time I've wanted to make something to hold some of my jewelry. I have limited space on which to sit a classic jewelry holder, so I knew whatever I made would have to hang on the wall...or from the ceiling.

When I spotted this large black picture from at the UMBRA concept store, I decided that it was finally time to get to work!
I removed the glass and the backing from the frame.

large picture frame
I also found these place mats. They're made out of plastic and look like strings that were melted together. The results is a place mat with little holes in it. (Perfect for hanging earrings in!)


Step 1 was to cut placemat to size. An inch or so smaller than the outer edge of the picture frame.

Step 2:  Use duct tape to tape the placemat to the back of the picture frame.


Step 3: I attached some brads to the placemat.



Step 4: Attach jewelry and hang!

Tadaa!

No comments:

Post a Comment