Saturday, August 06, 2011

My new favourite part of the city: Evergreen Brickworks


A few weekends ago, I spent a weekend at Evergreen Brickworks (EBW). I was there participating in a Digital Storytelling workshop. (It was brilliant!!! Stay tuned for more info on how it went.)

Every so often I come across these gems, and I wonder, "why didn't anyone tell me about this?!"
EBW is one of those cases.

I love. love. love. this place.
It feels like an oasis.

A place committed to nature and community. 
 
I think part of the feel comes from the fact that it's kind of in the middle of nowhere. It's definitely accessible by car, but not really by public transit. Yet it's only 10 minutes away from the city.

However...  They have a free shuttle! And.... the shuttle drop-off/ pick-up spot is about a 1 minute walk from my new home!!
SCORE!
 
So, if you're looking for me, just pass by EBW first. 
I can't wait to hang out there -  all the time. 

Saturday farmers' market.
Sunday antique market.
Yummy food/cafe (locally grown, organic delights)
Weekday activities (I need to do more research on this. ...I want to take a workshop there!) 
Bike rentals and nature trails

fun.

2 comments:

  1. Still haven't been there! I keep hearing great things about it, but it seems sooo far away. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. It TOTALLY does! But, when you come visit my new place and we can hop on the shuttle! :)

    ReplyDelete