Monday, June 13, 2011

Digital Storytelling

Upcoming fun: digital storytelling!


Through my volunteer work with the Annex Cat Rescue, I've signed up for a 3-day digital storytelling workshop!

The course is being offered through Volunteer Toronto and at the end of the three days, I'll have a completed digital story (like this!) describing my experiences volunteering with ACR.

I'll admit, when they first emailed me about participating, I was intrigued, but quickly had doubts. I emailed them back and said I would think about it and get back to them in a couple days.
I thought: 'My experiences aren't all that unique... What would I say? I'd probably let them down. I'm not interesting enough. They should probably find someone else. '

Blah blah blah.

I had these thoughts for an hour or so, and then remembered Funfundfunfzig and realized that
a) This workshop sounds like fun! and
b) My experiences will definitely be 'good enough' (whatever that means)!

So, I emailed back and told them I'll take the course in July!

Perhaps I'll post the final video here!

No comments:

Post a Comment