Wednesday, July 20, 2011

How to gain Wisdom

Buy it on Amazon!

Wisdom is a book by Photographer/Filmmaker Andrew Zuckerman.

I first came across this work last week - there's an exhibit of Wisdom at Brookfield Place (BCE) in Toronto.

I stumbled upon the exhibit and quickly became mesmerized by the large-scale portraits/quotes. About thirty minutes later I discovered that the book was located at a nearby table! So I became enthralled with that for a while.

I then returned to the space the next day to take another look.

Check out this portrait of Painter Andrew Wyeth: 
His face and his facial expression are amazing. Combine that with his quote which is about the power of love, and it's quite possibly my favourite portrait out of all of them. 
I want a copy of this for the dining room in my new apartment. 
Can you imagine? Right over the head of the table?

Speaking of new apartments... the Wisdom book would make a great house-warming gift! (hint hint)

The exhibit is at Brookfield Place until August 5th.
I highly recommend a visit - or two.
(bonus: It's right by Cheeseland!)

3 comments:

  1. You've moved virtually too! This you did not tell me. Although, my bad for not following your blog as closely. :P

    I am proud that you're using one of my pix for your profile. hehe... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe, I love that pic!!

    You take great shots.

    ReplyDelete